At The Wilson Law Firm, helping clients accused of DUI, criminal and traffic offenses in Virginia is our number one priority. Since 1995, Mr. Wilson has been a leading advocate for people charged with DUI, Reckless Driving or other criminal offenses who desire the assistance of a skilled, honest and successful defense attorney. In addition to being well-versed on the law, all of our lawyers at The Wilson Law Firm have extensive specialized education and training which helps them provide top notch representation for our clients. The Wilson Law Firm always works tirelessly to achieve the best possible outcome by aggressively and zealously representing our clients without ever compromising professionalism or integrity. In doing so we help our clients through what is generally a very difficult time for them with as little harm as possible so they can move on with their lives.
Virginia has several major interstates and highways, including I-95, I-395, I-495 to the north, I-77 and I-81 to the west, I-66 crossing northern Virginia and I-64 crossing central Virginia. These several interstates provide an endless stream of motorists, many of whom are violating the law by driving too fast, driving without a valid license, driving with a suspended license, driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs or refusing to submit to a blood/breath test. In addition, the punishments in Virginia for such offenses seem to consistently increase, so for the accused that means a conviction in Virginia can have major consequences.
When charged with a crime like Driving Under the Influence of alcohol or drugs (DUI / DWI), or any of the several versions of Reckless Driving, choosing the right lawyer could be the difference in the outcome of your case. If you have been charged with DUI or some other criminal or traffic offense in Virginia and the outcome of your case is important, make sure you hire a defense lawyer who is equipped with the education, training and experience necessary to most effectively protect your rights and put you in the best position to get the best result.
We have education, training and experience that other lawyers don't
Not only has T. Kevin Wilson become intimately familiar with the intricacies of Virginia's criminal and traffic laws in his practice as a criminal and traffic defense lawyer, he also spent more than a decade sharing his extensive knowledge with local law enforcement. For 11 years, Mr. Wilson served as a Legal Instructor at the Prince William County Criminal Justice Academy, where he taught Criminal Law, Criminal Procedure, Constitutional Law and Evidence to soon-to-be police officers.
In order to remain on the cutting edge of DUI and criminal defense and continue to provide the best representation possible for his clients, Mr. Wilson is a member of several well-respected professional associations including the National College for DUI Defense, Virginia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association and Association of Trial Lawyers of America. Mr. Wilson is a seasoned veteran who will be vigilant in pursuing the best possible outcome, while also being supportive of his clients who may be suffering through an extremely frustrating and scary time. We at The Wilson Law Firm have the compassion you want and will fight to get the results you need.
All of the lawyers at The Wilson Law Firm have completed courses to be an Operator of the Intoxilyzer 5000, S-D2, S-D5 and 400 breath testing machines, and Mr. Wilson is also certified as an Operator of the Intoxilyzer 8000 breath testing machine and was one of the first defense attorneys in Virginia to complete training on the new ECIR II machine currently being used by police. In addition, all lawyers at The Wilson Law Firm have completed the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) curriculum on Standardized Field Sobriety Testing.
Let our skilled and knowledgeable team help you make the most of a bad situation.
Drunk Driving (DUI / DWI) Offenses (18.2-266):
- Driving with a BAC of .08 or more
- Diving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs
- Driving After Illegally Consuming Alcohol (Underage DUI / DWI)
- Unreasonable Refusal
Other Alcohol Crimes:
- Drinking While Driving (Open Container) (19.2-323.1)
- Underage Possession or Consumption of Alcohol (4.1-305)
- Unlawful Purchase of Alcohol with a False or Altered ID (4.1-305)
- Disorderly Conduct (18.2-415)
- Public Intoxication (18.2-388)
Reckless Driving Offenses:
- Driving in any manner that endangers life, limb or property (46.2-852)
- Driving a vehicle which is not under control/faulty brakes (46.2-853)
- Passing on or at the crest of a grade or curve (46.2-854)
- Driving with driver's view obstructed or control impaired (46.2-855)
- Passing two vehicles abreast (46.2-856)
- Driving two abreast in a single lane (46.2-857)
- Passing at a railroad grade crossing (46.2-858)
- Passing a stopped school bus (46.2-859)
- Failing to give proper signals (46.2-860)
- Driving too fast for highway and traffic conditions (46.2-861)
- Speeding over 80 mph (46.2-862)
- Speeding more than 20 mph over the speed limit (46.2-862)
- Failing to yield the right of way (46.2-863)
- Reckless driving on parking lots (46.2-864)
- Racing (46.2-865)
Other Criminal Driving Offenses:
- Driving Without a License (46.2-300)
- Driving on a Revoked or Suspended License (46.2-301)
- Driving Outside a Restricted License (18.2-272)
- Leaving the Scene (Hit and Run) (46.2-894)
- Failure to Stop for Police (Eluding) (46.2-817)
- Driving After Being Designated as Habitual Offender (46.2-357)
- Drug offenses of all types including Manufacturing, Distributing, Possessing with Intent to Distribute and simple Possession of marijuana, cocaine, methamphetamine, heroin, or any other illegal drug.
- Fraud Offenses including Credit Card Theft, Credit Card Fraud, Identity Theft, Forgery, Uttering a Forged Document, Obtaining Money by False Pretenses, etc.
- Theft Offenses including Petit Larceny, Grand Larceny, Embezzlement, Concealment, Burglary, etc.
- Violent Offenses such as Murder, Manslaughter, Malicious Wounding, Unlawful Wounding, Assault and Battery, etc.
- Gun / Firearm Offenses such as Possession of a Firearm by a Felon, Use of a Firearm During the Commission of a Felony, Brandishing a Firearm, Reckless Discharge of a Firearm, etc.
- Sex Offenses such as Rape, Forcible Sodomy, Object Sexual Penetration, Indecent Liberties, Aggravated Sexual Battery, etc.
- Motor Vehicle Offenses such as Hit and Run, Driving on a Suspended License, Driving Outside a Restricted License,
- All other felonies and all other misdemeanors
Located in beautiful and historic Old Town Manassas, we aspire to provide our clients big firm service with a small town feel. Our lawyers are assisted by a friendly and highly skilled staff, and the lawyers and staff work together as a team to aggressively pursue the outcome you want while providing you the kind of personal attention you deserve.
If the outcome of your case is important, call The Wilson Law Firm for a free, no obligation consultation at 1-888-384-5997.
The Wilson Law Firm is located in Manassas, Virginia and serves the entire Commonwealth of Virginia, including but not limited to: Prince William County, Fairfax County, Fauquier County, Loudoun County, City of Manassas, City of Manassas Park, Stafford County, City of Fredericksburg, City of Winchester, Warren County, Sterling, Reston, Chantilly, Warrenton, Haymarket and Front Royal.
I'm a member of www.1800DUILAWS.com , a complete DUI/DWI resource for people who have been arrested for DUI/DWI in Virginia. This comprehensive site has the information you need to better understand how a DUI/DWI case works its way through the system, and to research me and my qualifications as a DUI/DWI attorney. For more information about Virginia DUI/DWI laws, or for more information about me, please see www.1800duilaws.com.