At The Wilson Law Firm, we understand being arrested or given a ticket is a horrible experience, whether you're accused of DUI / DWI, Reckless Driving or some other Criminal or Traffic offense. You undoubtedly have several questions. You are probably scared. What should you expect? What is going to happen next? Is this going to impact your job? Your home? Your relationship with your spouse or significant other? What about your children? What will your friends think?
Rest assured, you have come to the right place: WE CAN HELP. For more than 20 years T. Kevin Wilson. Esq. has been helping good people just like you all across Virginia who have found themselves in trouble with the law to one degree or another. He has successfully represented thousands of clients facing DUI / DWI and Reckless Driving charges, as well as all other types of Criminal and Traffic charges in Virginia - and he can help you, too!
The Wilson Law Firm handles all criminal offenses, both misdemeanor and felony, so whatever the charge - we can help.
So whether your case involved in:
- Driving (DUI / DWI, Reckless Driving, Racing, Driving Suspended or Revoked, Hit and Run, Eluding Police);
- Alcohol (DUI / DWI, Selling to a Minor, Underage Possession, Drunk in Public);
- Drugs (Manufacturing, Distribution, Possession, Possession with Intent to Distribute);
- Violence (Murder, Manslaughter, Malicious Wounding, Unlawful Wounding, Domestic Violence, Assault & Battery);
- Theft (Larceny, Embezzlement, Concealment, Credit Card Theft);
- Weapons / Firearms (Possession of a Concealed Weapon, Possession by a Felon, Use During Commission of a Felony, Brandishing);
- Fraud (Credit Card Fraud, Prescription Fraud, Obtaining Money by False Pretenses);
- Forgery (Forgery, Uttering Forged Document);
- Property / Vandalism (Common Law Burglary, Statutory Burglary, Destruction of Property, Arson, Trespassing); OBSTRUCTION / RESISTING (Resisting Arrest, Obstruction of Justice, Disorderly Conduct, Assault on Law Enforcement Officer)
At The Wilson Law Firm, we focus on providing superior representation to clients throughout Virginia facing DUI / DWI, Reckless Driving or any other Criminal or Serious Traffic offense and in need of an experienced, knowledgeable and respected Defense Lawyer with a proven record of success. In addition to building a successful law practice, Mr. Wilson spent more than a decade as a Legal Instructor teaching Consitutional Law, Virginia Criminal Law, Virginia Criminal Procedure, Virginia Rules of Evidence to law enforcement officers. He has even served as a Special Prosecutor.
In addition to his knowledge of the applicable law, T. Kevin Wilson has extensive specialized education and training regarding the scientific and operational principles involved in Standardized Field Sobriety Testing, Breath Alcohol Testing, Blood Alcohol Testing, Police RADAR/LIDAR, etc. This extensive specialized education and training has enabled T. Kevin Wilson to identify possible avenues of defense which may go unnoticed by other lawyers and achieve better results for his clients. In fact, some of T. Kevin Wilson's biggest victories have come in cases where Mr. Wilson has been hired to take over a case after the client initially selected other counsel. The Wilson Law Firm works tirelessly to help our clients through a very difficult time and achieve the best possible outcome so our clients can get back to their jobs, families, etc. and move on with their lives.
Virginia has several major interstates and highways, including I-95, I-395, I-495 to the north, I-77 and I-81 to the west, I-66 crossing northern Virginia and I-64 crossing central Virginia. These several interstates provide an endless stream of motorists, many of whom are violating the law by driving too fast, driving without a valid license, driving with a suspended license, driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs or refusing to submit to a blood/breath test. In addition, the punishments in Virginia for such offenses seem to consistently increase, so a conviction in Virginia can have major consequences for the person accused.
T. Kevin Wilson has extensive specialized education, training and experience that other lawyers lack
Not only has T. Kevin Wilson become intimately familiar with the intricacies of Virginia's criminal and traffic laws in his practice as a criminal and traffic defense lawyer, he also spent more than a decade sharing his extensive knowledge with local law enforcement. Mr. Wilson served as a Legal Instructor at the Prince William County Criminal Justice Academy where he taught Criminal Law, Criminal Procedure, Constitutional Law and Evidence. If you need a lawyer in a case involving the police, then you need a lawyer who taught the police.
Mr. Wilson has completed courses to be an Operator of the Intoxilyzer 5000, Intoxilyzer S-D2, Intoxilyzer S-D5, Intoxilyzer 400 and Intoxilyzer 8000 breath testing machines and he was one of the first defense attorneys in Virginia to complete training on the new Intoximeter ECIR II machine currently being used by police.in Virginia. In addition, T. Kevin Wilson has completed the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) curriculum on Standardized Field Sobriety Testing. This advanced, specialized education and training has enabled Mr. Wilson to identify more avenues of defense and achieve better results for his clients.
In addition, in order to remain on the cutting edge of DUI / DWI and Criminal Defense and continue working to provide the best possible representation for his clients, Mr. Wilson is a member of several well-respected professional associations including the National College for DUI Defense, Virginia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association and American Association for Justice.
Let our skilled and knowledgeable team help you make the most of a bad situation.
Drunk Driving (DUI / DWI) Offenses (18.2-266):;
- Driving with a BAC of .08 or more
- Diving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs
- Driving After Illegally Consuming Alcohol (Underage DUI / DWI)
- Unreasonable Refusal
Other Alcohol Crimes:
- Drinking While Driving (Open Container) (19.2-323.1)
- Underage Possession or Consumption of Alcohol (4.1-305)
- Unlawful Purchase of Alcohol with a False or Altered ID (4.1-305)
- Disorderly Conduct (18.2-415)
- Public Intoxication (18.2-388;
Reckless Driving Offenses:
- Driving in any manner that endangers life, limb or property (46.2-852)
- Driving a vehicle which is not under control/faulty brakes (46.2-853)
- Passing on or at the crest of a grade or curve (46.2-854)
- Driving with driver's view obstructed or control impaired (46.2-855)
- Passing two vehicles abreast (46.2-856)
- Driving two abreast in a single lane (46.2-857)
- Passing at a railroad grade crossing (46.2-858)
- Passing a stopped school bus (46.2-859)
- Failing to give proper signals (46.2-860)
- Driving too fast for highway and traffic conditions (46.2-861)
- Speeding over 80 mph (46.2-862)
- Speeding more than 20 mph over the speed limit (46.2-862)
- Failing to yield the right of way (46.2-863)
- Reckless driving on parking lots (46.2-864)
- Racing (46.2-865)
Other Criminal Driving Offenses:
- Driving Without a License (46.2-300)
- Driving on a Revoked or Suspended License (46.2-301)
- Driving Outside a Restricted License (18.2-272)
- Leaving the Scene (Hit and Run) (46.2-894)
- Failure to Stop for Police (Eluding) (46.2-817)
- Driving After Being Designated as Habitual Offender (46.2-357)
- Drug offenses of all types including Manufacturing, Distributing, Possessing with Intent to Distribute and simple Possession of marijuana, cocaine, methamphetamine, heroin, or any other illegal drug.
- Fraud Offenses including Credit Card Theft, Credit Card Fraud, Identity Theft, Forgery, Uttering a Forged Document, Obtaining Money by False Pretenses, etc.
- Theft Offenses including Petit Larceny, Grand Larceny, Embezzlement, Concealment, Burglary, etc.
- Violent Offenses such as Murder, Manslaughter, Malicious Wounding, Unlawful Wounding, Assault and Battery, etc.
- Gun / Firearm Offenses such as Possession of a Firearm by a Felon, Use of a Firearm During the Commission of a Felony, Brandishing a Firearm, Reckless Discharge of a Firearm, etc.
- Sex Offenses such as Rape, Forcible Sodomy, Object Sexual Penetration, Indecent Liberties, Aggravated Sexual Battery, etc.
- Motor Vehicle Offenses such as Hit and Run, Driving on a Suspended License, Driving Outside a Restricted License,
- All other felonies and all other misdemeanors
Located in beautiful and historic Old Town Manassas, we aspire to provide our clients big firm service with a small town feel. Mr. Wilson is assisted by a friendly and highly skilled staff, and everyone works together as a team to aggressively pursue the outcome you want while providing you the kind of personal attention you deserve.
If the outcome of your case is important, call The Wilson Law Firm for a free, no obligation consultation at 703-361-6100 or 540-347-4944.