- Location: Hire an attorney who handles DUI cases within the state in which you received your DUI/DWI. For example, if you got your DUI in Northern Virginia, it is a wise move to hire a Manassas DUI attorney or a skilled drunk driving lawyer from that region.
- Specialization: Hire a lawyer who focuses on defending Virginia DUIs. This way, you will make sure that the attorney who is representing you knows the state's drunk driving laws, is familiar with the court system and has the best representation methods for cases of this type.
- Free Consultation: Only meet with DUI lawyers who offer free initial consultations. You should be able to meet with the lawyer first to ask your questions and get a better feel for that attorney in order to determine if you want to work with him.
- Fees: Ask your Virginia drunk driving lawyer if their law firm provides payment options or allows financing. Find out what the total cost of representation would be.
- Expectations: Ask what you should expect when your DUI case goes to court. An experienced attorney should be able to give you an opinion based on their past cases.
These five aspects help a lot in finding the Right DUI Lawyer for you.
by DUI Lawyer August 3, 2011 at 08:31 AM
Post a Comment