When you are charged with driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, your case will progress through the criminal court system. It is important that you attend every required hearing and you come to court prepared with an understanding of your legal rights.
The Wilson Law Firm is dedicated to representing the rights of Virginia residents facing DWI charges. Our attorneys will represent you in the court where your case is being heard, or will work to negotiate a plea agreement with the local prosecutor.
Your drunk driving case will be handled in the local courthouse within the county where your arrest took place, and our experienced drunk driving lawyers at the Wilson Law Firm have represented clients in various courts throughout the Virginia area.
Virginia Court Information
Attorneys Kevin Wilson and Patrick Cummings are members of the National College of DUI Defense and have decades of collective experience with drunk driving cases. Our attorneys repent clients in many different courts, including those listed below:
- Fifteenth Judicial District, General District Court. 701 Princess Anne Street, 2nd Floor Fredericksburg, VA 22404-0180. For the criminal division, call (540) 372-1043.
- Seventeenth Judicial District, General District Court. City Hall. 300 Park Avenue, Room 107E Falls Church, VA 22046-3350. For the criminal division, call (703) 248-5098.
- Eighteenth Judicial District, General District Court. 520 King Street, Second Floor. Alexandria, VA 22320. For the criminal division, call (703) 746-4030.
- Nineteenth Judicial District, General District Court. 4110 Chain Bridge Road. Fairfax, VA 22030. To speak with the clerk of the court, call (703) 246-2153. For the criminal division, contact (703) 246-3305.
- 26th Judicial District of Virginia, General District Court serving Winchester and Frederick. 53 Court Square Room 132. Harrisonburg, VA 22801. For general information, call (540) 564-3130.
You may need to appear in court multiple times after you are charged with drunk driving until your case is finally resolved. Every time you go to court, you need to understand the purpose of the hearing and you must be prepared to choose the best strategic approach. Conviction for drunk driving can result in very serious criminal penalties, including incarceration and the suspension of your license, and you need to do everything you can to avoid the jury finding you guilty.
An attorney at the Wilson Law Firm is prepared to help find the best strategic approach to your case. We know the Virginia court system and Virginia drunk driving laws inside-and-out and can represent you at every step of the way when your case is heard in these or other courts.
Getting Legal Help with Drunk Driving Charges
No matter where your particular court case is heard, you need to be prepared to enter a plea, call witnesses, present evidence based on rules of civil procedure, and file briefs, motions and pleadings with the court. The stakes of your drunk driving case are too high to try to do this on your own. Contact an experienced drunk driving attorney at The Wilson Law Firm today to learn more.